Department of English and American Studies
Translation and Interpreting Section
Faculty of Arts, Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic
is pleased to invite you to the
Translation and Interpreting Forum Olomouc 2022
"Room for (Ex)Change in T&I Training"
November 11–12, 2022
Since 2011, when it was held for the first time, the Translation and Interpreting Forum Olomouc has established itself as an open platform which is not limited only to an academic exchange within translation and interpreting studies research but embraces discussion with all players in the field of cross-language communication (see archive for TIFO 2019, 2017, 2014, 2012, 2011).
The 2022 conference theme "Room for (Ex)Change in T&I Training" revisits the topic of education and training of translators/interpreters. The featured guest speakers for TIFO 2022 are Łucja Biel (University of Warsaw), Elisabet Tiselius (Stockholm University) and Federico Zanettin (University of Perugia). We welcome proposals addressing, without limitation, the following topics:
|● New perspectives on translation and interpreter training
● A competent translator in the 21st century: a challenge for trainers
● The new normal on the T&I market
• Designing a T&I course and a programme
• The role of theory in th T&I curricula
• Teaching translating into L2 effectively – who and how?
|• Crash course training crisis interpreters
● Aligning the use of T&I technologies in the classroom & in the field
• Corpus-driven translator training
• Non-university training – an addition, or a substitution?
● Terminology as a science and a practical skill
• Collaborative training on classroom and university level
We welcome BOTH papers presenting results of academic research AND contributions by professionals in the field. The invitation to participate is extended to all parties concerned: academics (teachers and students), professional translators and interpreters, trade organisations and professional institutions, publishing houses, agencies providing language services, "in-house" language departments of transnational corporations, companies developing support tools and technology, et cetera.
It is possible to apply with a paper, presentation or poster. The deadline for abstracts is July 31, 2022. Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by August 31, 2022.